Depending on your business type, there are different advantages. Here are just a few examples.
* Theft Reduction - IP Cameras not only act as proof of theft, often are a deterrent to thieves as well. The mere presence of IP Surveillance cameras will make a thief think twice about attempting to steal. Not only that, but well placed, quality cameras will catch every detail of the person to provide an accurate description to authorities.
* Conflict Resolution - No matter what type of business you own, there is always a chance for conflict. It could be between an employee and a customer, two patrons, or even between employees. In instances like these, it’s helpful for the business to be able to look at what happened and come to a decision on how best to proceed.
* Safety - The matter of safety covers many types of business and institutions. From employees who happen to be working alone, to patients in hospitals and nursing homes, to students in schools. Being able to monitor in real time offers an added level of security.
* Liability - Unfortunately we are in an era where people want to take advantage of the system and file lawsuits for injuries or damage. An IP surveillance system can be your best defense if a wrongful legal action is taken against you. For example, someone claims to have fallen in your establishment and sustained injury. If that person was conducting themselves in an unsafe manner and you have video evidence of that, it would definitely help in your defense. In fact, for some businesses such as nightclubs, insurance companies have been known to give discounts when the property has surveillance cameras.
*Helpful Evidence - An example of this is you are parked in a parking lot and you come out to see a huge dent in the side of your car. The person who caused that dent is long gone, but with properly placed, quality IP cameras chances are that the make, model and even license plate of the person who hit your car was all caught on tape.
* Real Time Monitoring - One benefit of surveillance cameras is they provide you with real time monitoring of your place of business. You would no longer need to look through archival footage to find what you need; instead you watch things in the moment they happen. Best of all, with remote access to your surveillance system, you can view it all from the convenience of your mobile device no matter where you are. This allows you to keep an eye on your property should you suddenly get worried about what is happening while you are away.
* Digital Storage - As helpful as viewing events in real time is, surveillance systems can also act as digital storage systems. All that footage can be stored digitally, giving you a large store of information which you can study and analyze for future use. With today’s security systems, finding the video footage you want has also become easier.